Ladies, three words: Spicy Baked Ribs. Here’s our thought right now: we had our day right?! Let’s be honest, Valentine’s Day is our day. Not totally our man’s day. No need to correct us, we know there’s another day in March… we won’t even go there as it’s totally not PG. So we are deeming this Sunday as Rib Sunday. Let him have a day to do his thing – does he need to go to the gym (as in, does it like it and want to go?), is there some sport on TV (football is over so I doubt it), skiing, or a hike maybe? Let him choose. Additionally, let him choose if it’s with or without you.
To be honest, without you is easier if you want to make these spicy baked ribs. Give yourself 6 hours… more likely 5 but just in case. By the way, you don’t need to be home the entire time. The oven is on so low for the first few hours that we just peace out and come back when we need to crank it up. ALSO – if you marinate these overnight, you will win. Alright, so here we go, the rib recipe!
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 bottle of BBQ Sauce (I used a smoked whiskey BBQ sauce but the choice is yours)
- Using a sharp knife, cut the membrane off of the back of the ribs.
- Combine dry ingredients into a bowl (everything except ribs and BBQ Sauce) and mix well.
- Press the dry rub onto the ribs (top, bottom, left, right, front, back, ALL over!!!).
- Wrap the ribs tightly in foil and then place into a tupperware. Let marinate in the fridge for at least five hours (overnight is ideal).
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the (still) foil covered ribs on top.
- Bake in the oven for 2.5 hours and then place 1/4 of the bottle of BBQ sauce onto the ribs. Place back into the oven for another 2.5 hours.
- Heat the oven at 400°F on broil; move a rack to the top of the oven.
- Cover the ribs with the remaining BBQ sauce and place on the top rack for 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove and wait until they are cool enough to handle.
- Serve warm!
Your man will thank you, we promise. You might just thank yourself too. We do every time we make these. SO. FREAKING. DELICIOUS.
Enjoy these spicy baked ribs. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Michelle & Samantha