Anyone else obsessed with their Aperol Spritzes right now?! How strange is the plural of spritz?! Anyways, we have a cocktail obsession for every day of the week and we would say an aperol spritz would be either our Friday or Saturday afternoon sunshine patio beverage. Questionable? Not really. If you’ve had one, you get it. If you’ve been to Italy, you get it even more. It’s bubble-focused, it’s citrus-y, its refreshing. If you’re confused as to why this is so good, were confused as to WHY you aren’t out trying one.
If you’re one of our readers who are all over it, then PERHAPS, you will enjoy this rendition we obsess over. We literally have three words for you: one, sparkling rose, two, elderflower, and three, grapefruit.
Sparkling Rose, Grapefruit, & Elderflower Aperol Spritz
- 2/3 cup grapefruit fruit juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup Aperol
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Ruby red grapefruit wedges (for serving)
- 1/4 cup elderflower liquor
- 750ml bottle sparkling rosé, chilled
- Whisk grapefruit fruit juice, Aperol, lime juice, and elderflower liquor in a large pitcher until well mixed. Stir in rosé.
- Serve spritz in large ice-filled wine glasses. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
- Get that drink on & ENJOY!
Michelle & Samantha